It’s that time of year, friends! Time for pumpkin EVERYTHING. I don’t know who labeled Christmas the most wonderful time of the year, but I’m convinced they’re wrong. This is the most wonderful of the year. Time for over sized sweaters, leggings, corn mazes and pumpkin muffins, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie… You get the point, but I have trouble containing my excitement over fall.
More importantly I have trouble containing my excitement over these muffins. You guys, they’re healthy and they don’t taste like cardboard. Quite the opposite in fact. They have no flour, no added sugar (besides the dark chocolate chips, but hello antioxidants) and they’re good enough that I keep making them over and over again. Did I mention how easy they are to make? There are absolutely no skills required. Preheat your oven, throw everything in the blender, spoon into a muffin tin, and bake.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 1/2 cups oats (I’ve used regular and quick. Both work fine, but i prefer quick)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Prefect oven to 400 and spray muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
- Put all of the ingredients in the blender except the oats and chocolate chips.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add oats 1/2 cup at a time and continue blending until everything is distributed evenly.
- Stir in dark chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin. I usually get about 9 muffins out of this, but I fill mine to the top. You can definitely make your muffins smaller to get more than 9.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
You can replace the chocolate chips with chopped nuts, raisins, or whatever you like.. or leave them out all together.
<a href=”http://www.finecraftguild.com/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.finecraftguild.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/share_it_sunday150.jpg” alt=”Fine Craft Guild”></a>